Information for pupils learning online with Coleg Sir Gar
For those pupils working online with Coleg Sir Gar please bear in mind the following:
Student Protocol and Agreement for Online Learning
The Acceptable Use of ICT Policy that you agreed to when you started this academic year remains in place.
Working remotely adds additional challenges and opportunities. Using a laptop/Chromebook/smartphone with a headset/earphones/ with microphone will provide a better experience.
To make the most of these opportunities:
- Be responsible for my behaviour and actions when using all forms of technology to learn online
- Be polite and professional in all my communications with lecturers, mentors and students online
- Not recording or taking photos of my classmates, teachers or mentors during any face-to-face sessions
- Not upload or sharing inappropriate or irrelevant content
- Not upload work that is not my own
- Take part in Google Meet lessons in an environment that is quiet, safe and free from distraction (i.e. no TV or music, no young family members, no dogs barking etc.)
- Only use available online technology as directed by my teacher
- Be on time for my interactive session
- Be dressed appropriately for learning (i.e. no pyjamas etc.)
- Remain attentive during sessions
- Follow the guidelines given by the teacher at the start of the interactive session for how to communicate – e.g. turn microphone on/off
- End the session as soon as the teacher indicates to do so
- Outside of interactive sessions, students must use Google Classroom and ask questions if they do not understand.
- If I do not feel safe, I must contact the Safeguarding team – the details are in the link below. https://docs.google.com/document/d/19gIjo71bVr7VA-SFc_QHBWE7hu333xB2gPpjDs_hwiQ/edit?usp=sharing
I understand that when using the online tools provided by the college that my use can be monitored and logged and made available to staff.
I understand that one to one GM sessions may be recorded by the tutor/mentor.
I understand that these rules are designed to help keep me safe and that if they are not followed, the college disciplinary policy will apply.